Effective Date: July 11, 2018
Scope of this Policy
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect information directly from customers and visitors to our Site.
Information We Collect Directly From You. Certain areas and features of our Site require registration. To register you must provide your email address, first and last name, and other contact information. We also may collect additional optional information from you, including information about your support of our programs. We may also collect information you submit to us on our Site, such as through “Contact Us” pages, or that you post to our Site (e.g., comments). Information we collect that identifies or is identifiable to a person is referred to in this Policy as “personal information.”
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of the Site through cookies, web beacons, log files, and other technologies: domain name; browser type and operating system; pages viewed, links clicked and other activities on the Site; IP address; the length of time using our Site; access time; device ID or other identifier; location and language information. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected, including where applicable, personal information. Please see the “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” section below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Site and services, to communicate with customers and visitors, to respond to requests and inquiries, and for other customer service purposes
- To tailor the content and information that we send or display, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize experiences using the Site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, when you opt-in, we may send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or otherwise contact you about programs or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we collect to assist us in advertising our Site and our services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect via the Site, including personal information, as follows:
- We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Third Parties. We may partner with third parties to make certain programs or offers available to you. If you elect to participate in such programs we may share certain of your information with these third parties. We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing use.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers.If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another organization, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other business.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about Customers and Supporters with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Do Not Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), and opt out of certain ad networks.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track activities on our Site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Certain features of the Site will not function if you disable cookies.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. We and our third party service providers use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our Customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on our Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site. If you post your own content on our Site, your posting may become public and the Company cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site may contain links to, or appear on third-party websites. Any access to and use of such third party websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of Personal Information
We have implemented precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your information, password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to Personal Information
You may modify your registration information by emailing us at info@FEEL.org. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain in our systems.
Additional Terms for EU Visitors
FEEL.org processes personal data as a “controller” under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. Salsa Labs processes personal data as our processor when providing the Platform to us, and we may then make it available for access and use per this policy. We act as a controller when we process the personal data you provide to us through the Site. This Section applies to our processing of personal data collected via the Site as a controller. To contact FEEL.org about your personal data, see the section entitled “Contact Us,” below.
We process personal data to pursue FEEL.org’s legitimate business interests. To learn more about the purposes, legal basis and legitimate interests of Salsa Labs in processing your personal information, please see the section entitled “How We Use Your Information,” above. To learn with whom we share your personal information, please see the section entitled “How We Share Your Information,” above.
Please be aware that we may transfer your personal data to the United States where our servers are located. We will only transfer your personal information to the United States through the use of appropriate safeguards. FEEL.org will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. For users with a registered account on the Site, FEEL.org will retain the information provided by you for as long as you have an account on the Site
You have the right to access your personal information, rectify inaccurate personal information kept about you, request the erasure of personal information that is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we have collected or processed the information, and to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, for example if you are contesting the accuracy of the data. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact FEEL.org through the contact listed below in writing and allow reasonable time for the data to be collected. You also have the right to receive personal information you have provided to us in a commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit that personal information to any controller without hindrance from us. Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to customers and prospective customers. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Sites are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at info@FEEL.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy here. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected, we will endeavor to provide notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, or by emailing Customers or notifying them in another manner (e.g., such as when they log in to the Platform).